Surveying your audience changes the game of success: It increases the velocity of your learning and empower the design of your offerings and marketing strategy. PowerUp Productions CEO Ryan Oelke talks with Meditate.io co-founder and teacher Vincent Horn about his real-world use of surveys, including an inside-look at a few surveys and their specific results for his business. They also discuss emotional resistance to surveys and perspective shifts in thinking that emerge from the practice.
Highlights of the interview:
- Learn how to gather information and test your ideas quickly as you’re developing your offerings, improve them, and have them no-doubt ready when you launch them
- Dealing with emotional resistance to surveying your audience, especially fear of rejection or thinking you have to have it all figured out and be the lone expert
- Take an inside look at surveys used for Meditate.io – the challenge that inspired the survey, the questions used, the results and what they lead to creatively.
- Using surveys to get out of strategic paralysis, confusion, and spinning your wheels creatively
- Using surveys to gauge interest before developing a new offering, refining and improving an offering in development receiving valuable creative feedback from your audience
- Increasing the velocity of your learning through surveys through a build, measure, learn approach (read: you don’t need to be perfect)
- It’s not the size of your audience that matters when it comes to the use of surveys
- How to craft a well-designed, effective survey
- Revealing the language of your audience to describe their own challenges
Resources and Tools mentioned:
- PowerUp Monthly Membership
- Lean Startup by Eric Reiss
- “Build, Measure, Learn”
- Lean Product Development
- Lean Design
- Monetizing Innovations
- Buddhist Geeks
- Heart of Insight
Vincent Horn is the co-founder and a lead teacher of Meditate.io, co-founder and host of Buddhist Geeks, and co-founder of Heart of Insight. Vince is part of a new generation of teachers translating age-old wisdom into 21st century code, and was called a “power player of the mindfulness movement” by Wired magazine and was honored to be featured in Wired UK’s “Smart List: 50 people who will change the world.”
Ryan Oelke is the CEO, Coach, and Founder at PowerUp Productions, a creative agency serving meaning-driven entrepreneurs inspired to make the world a better place. He is also the founder and meditation teacher of Awakening in Life. Ryan offers embodied coaching for business and success and private meditation session guidance for cultivating presence and healing.
PowerUp’s new Monthly Membership empowers your online success through powerful marketing tools and analytics like Typeform surveys and CrazyEgg visual page analysis, easy data tracking in one dashboard, sales saving maintenance checks on your website and social media profiles, and big discounts on all of our creative services to launch new offerings and grow your business.